Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Conversation

Miss FLG Maior:  I need syrup for my waffles.

FLG:  Oh, okay.  Here you go.

Miss FLG Maior:  No, not that syrup.

FLG:  What do you mean?  This is real maple syrup.  It's delicious.

Miss FLG Maior:  No, girl syrup!

FLG:   Huh?

Miss FLG Maior:  That one there!

FLG:  The Aunt Jemima lite?

Miss FLG Maior:  Yes.

FLG:  Is that girl syrup because it has a picture of a lady on it?

Miss FLG Maior:  No, because that's the syrup girls eat.

FLG:  I see.  Maybe they should make the bottles pink then.

Miss FLG Maior:  Kewl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids prefer industrial style spaghetti sauce to the fresh tomato sauce I make. Oh well, the missus and I eat it... dave.s.

arethusa said...

I really hope it's not the "lite" that makes it girl syrup. She's too young for that.

FLG said...

Dave:

They probably like it because Industrial sauce is sweeter.

Arethusa:

It's not the lite. It's more just because her mother and her use it. However, I have to say that I am a bit concerned about how much boys do this and don't do that and girls do this and don't do that miss FLG Maior spouts off.

FLG said...

Dave:

They probably like it because Industrial sauce is sweeter.

Arethusa:

It's not the lite. It's more just because her mother and her use it. However, I have to say that I am a bit concerned about how much boys do this and don't do that and girls do this and don't do that miss FLG Maior spouts off.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.