Friday, August 26, 2011

A Conversation

Coworker: FLG, yesterday you came into the office in a seersucker suit and a pink tie. Today, you're wearing a pink Hawaiian shirt. Yet, you pulled both of them off. I could never do that. Heck, I don't wear pink at all. What's the secret?

FLG: Secret? There's no secret. I simply very comfortable wearing those clothes because I'm always serenely insouciant, but only because I possess an unwavering self-confidence.

Coworker: I'm not sure what that means.

FLG: It's a fancy way of saying that I'm such an egotist that I don't give a fuck what other people think of me. In fact, at a deeper level, I find it all very amusing. Thus, I feel perfectly comfortable in seersucker, Hawaiian shirts, or pink.

2 comments:

Flavia said...

Got similar comments on an outrageous vintage hat I wore to a wedding last weekend.

I often think that the secret to "pulling X off" is basically: a) put X on, b) wear it in public.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's easier when you are not trying to find a girlfriend. dave.s.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.