Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jacksonian Foreign Policy In The Work Environment

FLG thinks that there are largely two strains of American foreign policy -- Wilsonian and Jacksonian. Wilsonian foreign policy is about multilateral institutions, speeches with lots of high-falutin' rhetoric, and fancy pants pussyfootin'. Jacksonian foreign policy is, put simply, you do your thing, I do mine, until you fuck with me and then I am going to kill you but only after I kill your wife and children and burn down your house. It's not so much vengeance, as a warning to others that you ought to let me do my thing and you just do your thing.

Anyway, FLG took exception to something a coworker did and went straight to the nuclear option. FLG's boss' reaction can be summed up thusly: It probably wasn't the best idea to launch into a profanity laced tirade at one of your coworkers, but I will say this. I know your intent was to prevent anybody from doing that shit again. Consider that mission accomplished.

FLG does feel a bit dirty now though.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.