Monday, September 6, 2010

Movie Made For FLG

FLG watched F for Fake and it's almost as if Orson Welles said to himself, "Self, there'll be this guy named FLG. I'm going to make a movie that will probably appeal to nobody but him. It will be convoluted and non-linear. It will simultaneously be a documentary and entirely full of shit. It will touch on the themes in Book X of Plato's Republic. It will talk about the problems that follow the rise of experts. It will talk about how a lie can illuminate the truth. I will make this movie, and FLG will love it."

4 comments:

crbianfool said...

One of my all time favorites. Lemme guess, you watch it on Netflix streaming? awesome taste, glad to have found your site. Enjoy Oja, I know I do.

FLG said...

As a matter of fact, it was on Netflix streaming. It popped up when I added Grey Gardens.

Alpheus said...

I love that movie too. I especially like the meditation at Chartres in the middle. And Oja, of course.

But whatever you do, don't see The Hoax . . .

CrbianFool said...

Awesome, I will check out GG. Not sure if you've seen it or not, but Pollack is also on Netflix streaming. F'ing awesome flick. Also, not on Netflix, but if your a Bukowski fan at all, check out Barfly. One of those missed gems.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.