Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear Washington Post:

Stop trying to customize my experience at the WashingtonPost.com site. For the last few days, I've been getting a window with what my Facebook friends think and share about articles. Frankly, I find it freaky that you can access my Facebook friends and generally I don't give a shit what they have to say on these matters. Today, I get some PostLocal formatted site. I figured out that I needed to go and update my homepage to "National News" and disable "Your Network News" to turn off the Facebook shit. But you know what? I shouldn't've had to do this.

Who is in charge of this stuff over there? Do you have a hard-on for the "social media/web 2.0" bullshit? Build a "community" in the straightforward way -- comments.

I get that everybody thinks this is cool, new stuff, but it's really fucking annoying. And this ain't some Luddite talkin'. I have a blog for crissakes.

So, pretty please, with a cherry on top, stop fucking around and just give me the damn news.

Sincerely,
FLG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm safe from this by not doing Facebook. dave.s.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.