Thursday, August 19, 2010

You, Ma'am, Are No Consitutional Scholar

Sarah Palin tweeted the following:
Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")

Now, I've made my skepticism of Sarah Palin pretty clear, and she is by no means alone in this misunderstanding, but the 1st amendment only prevents the government from restricting your speech. It has nothing to do whatsoever with activists or private parties.

Why is that people somehow think that the 1st amendment is some sort of carte blanche to say whatever you want without consequences?

Plus, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that I hate the word fair. Indeed, all conservatives, in my opinion, should avoid and even attack the use of the word fair whenever it is used in political dialogue and rhetoric.

1 comment:

dance said...

But you know, if you don't have a sense of humor, you shouldn't marry interracially.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.