Monday, July 19, 2010

The Plastic Presidential Superhero Is Looking Pretty Damn Good

Noah Millman sums it up nicely:
[Palin's] strongest competition [for the 2012 Republican nomination] is Mitt Romney, who is strong where Palin is weak – obvious intelligence, establishment backing, proven ability to run an actual campaign for President, strong organizational skills and a deep political organization – but who is strikingly weak where Palin is strong. In fact, Romney is pretty much exactly the candidate Palin wants to run against: someone who generates little popular enthusiasm, comes off as phony, is a member of the elite and the establishment, is easy to tar as a fence-sitter and position-changer – and a man with surprisingly little sex appeal for somebody so objectively good-looking.

Regardless of Obama's approval ratings, he is going to face and actual candidate; one with weaknesses a generic and faceless Republican candidate doesn't have. But I will say this -- if it's Romney v Obama, then FLG's vote will be for Romney. And since FLG has voted for the winning candidate in every presidential election since he's been able to vote, then that means Romney wins.

3 comments:

Withywindle said...

Neville Chamberlain vs. Salvador Allende. Great.

Anonymous said...

I would vote for Romney, but I would vote for Daniels with enthusiasm. dave.s.

arethusa said...

I'd vote for Romney, though Mitch Daniels is my man. And even Gingrich, though I don't think he'll run.

I figure whoever I vote for is due to win, since I need a winner to be at .500 for voting for the victor in every Presidential election I've voted in.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.