Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Been Over A Decade

FLG logged into Facebook and actually looked around for the first time in a long while. He noticed a video a friend from high school had posted that listed probably a dozen other friends from high school. And all told there were almost a dozen depressing videos.

Why were they depressing? Well, the participants all appeared to be having fun. What was depressing is, that according to the evidence on Facebook, a bunch of my high school friends are still friends and still doing the exact same shit that they did when we were in high school. Oh, they're older and some are married to each other now, but the same, stupid immature shit is still going on.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm all sophisticated because I'm not. And back when we were in HS I was just as stupid as everybody else. But jeez-us! It's been a decade of the same shit over and over?

4 comments:

Miss Self-Important said...

I think maybe those people are holding America together, so I hesitate to pass judgment on them. Besides, I like that they don't understand FB privacy settings and make all their childhood photos available for me to look at.

FLG said...

Please explain what you mean by "holding America together."

Withywindle said...

The heart of the country is its Trumans; its flesh and blood is its Babbitts. Awaken them from their Rousseauian innocence, and they will become, in order, self-conscious, intellectual, liberal, latte-drinking, America-hating, anti-Semitic, and sophisticated in the knowledge of FB privacy settings. Do not, Sir Snake, whisper to them of the tree of knowledge.

Miss Self-Important said...

^ That.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.