Tuesday, May 25, 2010

FLG Doesn't Know Them

Every once and a while FLG gets weird inquires about what other bloggers are like or asking to intervene with some blogger because they haven't returned an email or something. FLG doesn't know any of the bloggers who do this for a living. In fact, he's only met a handful of bloggers in real-life: Miss Self-Important, The Maximum Leader, and Robbo. If you throw in maybe half a dozen more people, then you've probably got all the bloggers who have even heard of this site.

It's not like bloggers over at the Atlantic or something are going to be like "Oh, wow! I got an email from FLG. I just love Fear and Loathing in Georgetown. Oh, FLG wants me to email this guy back? I'll get right on it then."

Seriously, there are like a dozen people who read this blog. Half of them are insane. FLG doesn't get invited to supersecret blogger happy hours here in Georgetown where he drinks beer with Andrew Sullivan, Megan McArdle, and Reihan. In fact, the word Georgetown in the title is the only reason why FLG can even partially explain why he gets these emails.

Trust him, FLG isn't connected. He's just an asshole blogger in his underwear.

7 comments:

The Ancient said...

Do you really want more traffic?

FLG said...

No, I actually don't.

As dave.s. wrote not too long ago, it's cozy here. Plus, there aren't any trolls.

william randolph brafford said...

You've met more bloggers IRL than I have.

It has to be the Georgetown thing -- I thought the blogger parties weren't a secret.

-wrb

Miss Self-Important said...

If you do want to drink beer with Megan McArdle and Reihan though, you should go to AFF and Reason happy hours. They're open to the public.

FLG said...

I used to get emails from Cheryl about the AFF happy hours, not recently though. But as you know and in any case, I'm an antisocial jerk, so I don't go.

J. Otto Pohl said...

As one of your dozen readers I am trying to figure out if I am in the insane or sane half.

FLG said...

Otto:

Before I posted I determined everybody who asked would be in the sane column, mostly because it reminded me of my favorite novel Catch-22:
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one’s own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn’t, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn’t have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle. 'That’s some catch, that Catch-22,' he observed. 'It’s the best there is,' Doc Daneeka agreed."

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.