Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Correspondence

FLG,

You ought to attend some happy hours. It might help you land a job blogging. Wouldn't you like to blog for the Economist? Networking is your best shot. I'd be at all the happy hours if I were you.

There are several problems here, but I'll mention two. First, I'm an antisocial jerk who opposes "networking." (Yes, those are sarcastic quotation marks.) Second, I fear that I'd be miserable if I blogged for a living. It's kinda like blackjack. I love going to Vegas and playing blackjack, but I'd hate being a professional gambler who has to scratch out a living playing blackjack 8 hours a day.

2 comments:

Withywindle said...

Miss FLG wants to go to a blogging happy hour. She will make you popular and land you a job. Bring milk and tell her it's beer.

FLG said...

Miss FLG loves toasting people and saying, Cheers!

So, you might be onto something.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.