Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Wonder If This Is True

Charles Murray:
It has been empirically demonstrated that doing well (B average or better) in a traditional college major in the arts and sciences requires levels of linguistic and logical/mathematical ability that only 10 to 15 percent of the nation's youth possess.

Where has this been empirically demonstrated? What study? Number seems awfully low to me.

I also found this fascinating --
Richard K. Vedder:
My own research shows that there generally is a negative relationship between state support for higher education and economic growth.

1 comment:

Withywindle said...

I want to know if that B average refers to post-grade inflation or pre-grade inflation.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.