At least 165 students have been treated for gastro-intestinal symptoms since late Tuesday evening with O'Donovan Hall being the "common denominator," as put by Vice President for Student Affairs Todd Olson.
The virus, called norovirus, causes gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting and stomach cramps, as well as fever, muscle aches, headaches and fatigue. Symptoms usually appear one to two days after exposure to the virus and last for at least three days, although there are no known long-term health effects, the Web site for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.
The norovirus, or Norwalk virus, is named after Norwalk, Ohio. That's Ohio, not California or Connecticut.