Monday, October 20, 2008

Fear and Loathing in Georgetown

January 8th will be the one year anniversary of this blog. The first post is here, in case you are curious. Anyway, with the baby coming and FLG's overwhelming ennui, he is pondering calling it quits here at Fear and Loathing in Georgetown after one year. Yeah, yeah, FLG knows he always says changes are coming to this blog, and they never materialize, but this time he is relatively sure.

First, he does not know how much energy and time he will have upon the baby's arrival. Second, he is running out of shit to say. Third, he is an all or nothing kinda guy. He either posts multiple times everyday, or he doesn't blog at all. The whole writing longer posts, but less often just doesn't seem to be the way he rolls. Given that he doesn't believe he will be able to blog everyday and he hasn't been able to recruit enough people to turn Fear and Loathing in Georgetown into a true group blog, he might just hang-up his keyboard.

Anywho, that's a few months off yet.

5 comments:

C.S. Perry said...

Ah man. What am I supposed to do now, subscribe to “The Economist?”
Where else can I find this rich kind of lame-ass economist humor? I rely on this site to tell me what to think about all things fiduciary.
Come on FLG…I’ve got a kid of my own who’s only 4 months old and I can manage to keep it up at least twice a week.
But no…no…I see your point. You’re right…this blog has a structure and nature and a way it Needs to Be.
But I’ll sure miss seeing the word Douchebag in print.
And, in honor of this momentous occasion, I’d like to request that the next time you feel inclined to apply that moniker…I heard a great alternate on the radio this morning; Namely: Douchenozzle.
Please use it with love and reconsider this ridiculous notion about quitting.
You’re the only thing coming out of Washington that I can stomach.

FLG said...

Oh, don't worry. I'll stop by Rooked and yell Douchebag every once and a while.

Withywindle said...

When baby naps, there's often only time for a blog-post, not for anything like serious thought. Useful way to fill up five minutes.

Anonymous said...

You will not have time to blog.

Perhaps you should consider a merger?

--NBS

FLG said...

Merger?

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.