Monday, October 27, 2008

Correspondence

I found your blog while conducting some preliminary research on Islamic political thinking. Google first brought me to your explanation of siyasa verus shari'a, followed by your Februrary 1st article on Islamic political theory. These writings, the latter especially, lead me to believe that Fear and Loathing in Georgetown was full of insightful analysis. I was surprised to find links to vibrators and copious amounts of profanity on the main page.


The email continues, but I have edited for brevity's sake.

Dear sir:

You are not the first, nor will you be the last to express this sentiment. I get it all the time. I still don't understand why everybody is so confused that a single person can write serious, sometimes thoughtful pieces, only to produce a swear-filled pirate having sex with a robot rant the next post.

It's quite simple actually. I am educated, yet immature. Superficially interested in everything, but deeply interesting in nothing. Most importantly, I'm very, very lazy. I'm high in the running for laziest worldwide.

Oh, and I think you meant led, not lead.

-FLG

1 comment:

C.S. Perry said...

This is a prime example of why education is so dangerous. It's like giving a loaded gun to a child.
But, to quote the Good Doktor, "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.