Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Casblanca

The gambling line is by far the most widely referenced line from Casablanca. I use it frequently myself.


These are the other four interplays in my top five from that movie:
Captain Renault: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?
Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.
Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.
Rick: I was misinformed.


Annina: Monsieur Rick, what kind of a man is Captain Renault?
Rick: Oh, he's just like any other man, only more so.


Yvonne: Where were you last night?
Rick: That's so long ago, I don't remember.
Yvonne: Will I see you tonight?
Rick: I never make plans that far ahead.


Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

1 comment:

Withywindle said...

"I like you Rick. Do you know why I like you? Because you despise me."

'You know, Frenchy, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

And of course the only playing of the Marseillaise that has ever brought a lump to my throat.

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.